As someone has said, life comes at you fast. We have witnessed that the world we face every day is one of amazing surprises, challenges, crises, good news, and bad news. When those unexpected situations confront you, how do you respond? When your finances take a hit, do you shut down and shut out the world? Or do you dig in, stand your ground, and believe God for a supernatural turnaround. Here are five right reactions to unexpected challenges.
1. Focus on God’s ability to reverse negative things in life. God does supernatural turnarounds. When we allow Him to do so, He reverses our circumstances, turns our negatives into positives, and shifts the way we think, directing us toward a new, kingdom-focused destination.
2. Obey God’s word. Jesus’ disciples fished all night without catching a single fish. At Jesus’ word, they put down their nets and caught more than their boat could hold. (Luke 5.4-5)
3. Align your life with God’s ways. The Scriptures are filled with supernatural turnaround stories in a person’s life, in a group of people, a city, a nation, and a generation. Naaman was supernaturally healed of his leprosy when he swallowed his pride and believed in God’s ability to heal him. (2 Kings 5.1-15)
4. Proclaim the word of God to your situation. In 2 Corinthians 4.13, Paul states that “since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, ‘I believed and therefore I spoke,’ we also believe and therefore speak.” With God’s word, the world was formed. At God’s word, your situation can be transformed.
5. Enlarge your expectations. To be expectant is to be filled with a strong desire, anticipation, and confidence that you will obtain what is hoped for and expected. God wants to be involved with your life. Expect that He will work for you. (Isaiah 41.9-10)
You could be next in line for a supernatural turnaround in your life, health, finances, relationships, church, or a hundred other things. What do you want God to do today? Focus on His ability to reverse your circumstance and expect to encounter the supernatural.